Amazon Fire TV Stick 4K specifications India (2020)
Planning to buy an Amazon Fire TV stick? Then you are in the right place. Below is the detailed review of Amazon Fire TV Stick India. Best 4k Fire Stick Read this article before you buy this product.
Full Specification with review India 2020
Amazon Fire TV Stick streaming media player with Alexa built in, includes all-new Alexa Voice Remote, HD, easy set-up, released
INTRO TO FIRE TV
A perfect streaming device that brings in Alexa voice smartness & goodness of Internet TV with curated content by several providers. As add on you also get Screen Mirroring (Miracast) & Cast.
It’s a world of entertainment contained in a small Android platform based standalone HDMI stick with 1000’s of movies, TV shows, apps, etc, all in Full HD (1080p). A number of apps are preinstalled with a lot of FREE content and you are free to install others.
P.S. Min connection speed of 4Mbps is recommended for a pleasant experience.
1. Amazon Fire TV stick
2. Alexa enabled voice remote with IR support (connects via BT)
3. Power adapter (5V | 1A | 5W)
4. USB cable (~ 5 feet or 58.5 inches or 148.5 cm)
5. HDMI extender (~ 4.25 inches or 11 cm)
6. Quick start guide
7. 2AAA batteries
Fire TV Dimensions: 85.5 mm x 30 mm x 12 mm | Weight: 31.2 g
Remote Dimensions: 38 mm x 142 mm x 16 mm | Weight: 65.5/43 g (with/without batteries)
Ports: HDMI male connector, micro-USB female port
Key Specs: Quad-core ARM 1.3 GHz processor, Mali 450 GPU, 8GB Internal
Wi-Fi: Dual-band, Dual-antenna 802.11a/b/g/n/ac
BT: Bluetooth 4.1 + LE
Device storage available: 5.94 GB
Software v18.104.22.168 | 4.89 GB free, v22.214.171.124 | 5.27 GB free
1. Good quality, solid build device with easy setup (make sure to use high-speed broadband instead of mobile hotspot, else be ready for ‘amazon home not reachable’ issue).
2. Fully capable standalone streaming device based on the Android platform.
3. Highly capable Bluetooth remote with Alexa voice support. It does not require pointing to the device.
4. Remote also has IR capability for general TV functions (on/off/volume/mute). This requires pointing to the TV receiver.
5. Mobile app available to control device. So dependency on the physical remote is less.
6. Intuitive, fast & snappy interface without significant lag. It lags if music or install task is running in the background.
7. Rich curated free content with almost all the streaming services supported. Prime, Netflix, Hotstar, SonyLiv, Spotify, Gaana, etc. Premium content requires a subscription.
8. Capable Amazon app store to find many of the required apps.
9. Since android based, you can just sideload any other android app. Compatibility is another thing.
10. Supports Screencast/Mirroring/Mira-cast. So covers up Chrome-cast as well.
11. Web browser available to virtually support any content on the web, if the app not available. E.g. YouTube
12. Wake up of fireTV via home button also switches on TV if not on. (HDMI CEC required)
13. Alexa can also switch on the TV. “Alexa, Turn on the TV” (HDMI CEC required)
14. Deep integration with Prime video and music. Alexa voice or fireTV search will not work for the content of other apps. It though works fine for music across other apps.
15. It comes preregistered to the Amazon account used to make purchases.
16. Compatible with smart home devices via Alexa enabled remote. E.g. Philips Hue, Smart switches, Cameras, etc.
17. Sufficiently long USB power cable.
18. Remote range is more than 55 feet. I was able to check up to 55 feet and it worked well.
19. Video quality setting, low, medium, high to have a check on data usage. To set, Settings → Preferences → Data monitoring → Video quality
1. The biggest issue is the search which is exclusive to Prime content. For the rest, it displays a browser or YouTube link. For such a streaming device, the search should extend across all apps.
2. Limited storage with no card support. So you are left with only ~5 GB for deployment.
3. Since it’s just another HDMI device connected to the TV so if you switch inputs and does not exit streaming content on Fire TV, it keeps on running and consuming data.
4. Sending device to sleep does not auto switch off TV unlike waking up which switches it on. It needs to be manually done.
5. No Google Playstore support & Amazon store has limited apps.
√ SMART TV
# Simply converts dumb TV to smart TV by proving the world of internet & entertainment on-screen.
# Comes with a lot of best of the Android platform.
√ ALEXA VOICE REMOTE & SMART HOME
# Now a day’s Alexa works well in the Indian context and can very well understand the accent.
# Alexa enabled remote is there to impart smartness to home too with voice control for smart home devices like Philips Hue, Smart switches, Smart bulbs, etc
# All Alexa skills work here. Like booking cab, ordering food, news flash, weather update, etc.
▶ IR FEATURE IN REMOTE
# Can control compatible TV with the same remote. No need to manage multiple remotes. Supported options: on/off, volume +/- & mute.
√ Wi-Fi & BT connectivity
# Wi-Fi simply helps it to connect to the internet
# BT helps it to connect to remote and other devices like keyboards or headsets.
• STREAMING APPS
# Prime Video, Netflix, Hotstar, SonyLiv, Zee5, Voot, etc for video content while Prime Music, Gaana, Spotify, etc for audio content.
# Subscription may be required for premium content while some may be ad-supported. Lots of free content available on all of the apps though.
# At least one subscription of your choice is recommended. Prime may be a good choice owing to extra benefits.
# Regular TV shows are available without subscription on all of the apps after 1 day.
# News channel live app is available.
• SCREEN CAST / SCREEN MIRRORING / miracast
# Many TV’s don’t have Miracast support built-in, which helps to mirror mobile or laptop screen on to TV
# Fire TV stick comes with screencast support letting you mirror content playing on the device to enjoy on TV’s big screen
# To mirror, either long-press the home button and select ‘Mirroring’ or choose that option from settings. Then toggle use the corresponding option on mobile or laptop.
# It’s different from screencast in a way that, screencast just mirrors whatever’s on the mobile screen to the TV while cast only casts relevant content be it video or audio on Fire TV via its app.
# Many apps on mobile like Prime Music, Prime Video, Netflix, etc will have cast or watch now option.
• SOFTWARE & FIRE OS
# Interactive interface with apps and content on the main screen.
# Top part has tabs that split up the main screen into Home, Movies, TV Shows, Apps, and Settings.
# Below you have recent, my apps & games, etc
# You can configure data tracking & parental control during initial setup or from settings
# Video quality, reboot, reset to factory settings, deregister device, etc options also available.
# Equipment control is a wonderful thing. It lets your FireTV device control TV & AV receiver, power on, volume control, etc. (this is done via HDMI CEC or IR)
# While on other TV inputs, pressing the home button takes the TV to FireTV input.
# Screensaver option is nice to have. You can have your own set of images by uploading to available cloud storage.
# Regular updates provided by Amazon.
1. Connect Fire TV to the HDMI port of TV directly or via HDMI extender.
2. Connect the USB cable to Fire TV and adapter.
3. Insert adapter in the socket.
4. Switch on the power supply. It boots up with ‘Amazon’ text followed by colorful ‘FireTV stick’ text.
5. Install batteries in remote & follow on-screen instructions to pair it. A press of the home button required on prompt.
6. Follow on-screen instructions for initial setup, Wi-Fi configuration, etc.
7. If not preregistered, follow on-screen instructions for the same.
8. Enjoy the world of internet-based content & you will just forget DTH, cable TV, and all.
• Device boot time: 40-50 sec
• App Install & launch:
# Firefox: Install 11 sec, launch 8 sec
# Silk: Install 50 sec, launch 5 sec
# Netflix: Install 30 sec, launch 15 sec
# Hotstar: Install 30 sec, launch 12 sec
# Spotify: Install 10 sec, launch 7 sec
# ES explorer: Install 48 sec, launch 7 sec
• System Update time: 3-4 min
• System interface is smooth except for if music or any download/ install task in running in background.
• Remote Battery backup (TBU)
BT Range: 55 feet +
IR functionality tested ok: MI Smart TV (4A), LG Smart TV 47” (LA 6200), and LG Home Theatre.
1. Easy pairing of the remote. Just follow on-screen instructions. Press the home button on prompt, amber led flashes & upon pairing blue led flashes.
2. No need to point the remote to stick as it connects via BT
3. Press and hold the home button to bring up the shortcut menu. (Apps, Sleep, Mirroring, Settings)
4. Press and hold the voice button, to give voice commands or interact with Alexa.
5. IR control viz on/off, volume up/down, mute requires pointing to TV or another device.
6. IR setup is launched on the first startup. Plays audio & asks to adjust the volume. Switches different IR codes to find compatible ones. Works similar to MI phones IR remote app configuration.
7. Remote firmware is also updated from time to time. Takes approx. 2-3 min.
FIRE TV APP
There’s a wonderful app on Playstore which works as an alternative to remote with full functionality including Alexa voice.
In fact, it will ease up your typing across the FireTV interface with the regular keyboard on a mobile screen. Also helpful in copy-paste operations across Fire OS.
Just connect the stick to Wi-Fi and the app discovers it. So only thing you need to key in via TV screen keyboard is the Wi-Fi password. For rest, there is an app.
AMAZON FIRE TV APP STORE & APPS
Having a built in store is a plus as you don’t need to fiddle around for apps. Amazon app store is quite good with a good set of required apps for devices core functionality. Prime apps come preinstalled. Some useful apps are listed.
VIDEO:: Prime Video, Netflix, Hotstar, SonyLiv, Zee5, Voot, Jio Cinema, Eros Now, VLC, MX Player
MUSIC:: Prime Music, Gaana, Spotify.
WEB BROWSER:: Silk, Firefox.
FILE EXPLORER:: ES Explorer.
NEWS:: AajTak Live, ABP Live, NDTV, Aljazeera, BBC News, NBC News.
You can sideload just any app via wireless transfer. Download via a web browser is disabled. Compatibility matters here as all are not optimized for the TV experience.
E.g. some really useful apps but not compatible: AirtelTV, JioTV, TataSkyTV
a) Install ES Explorer on mobile & FireTV.
b) On your Fire TV, go to Settings → Device → Developer Options & turn on ‘Allow apps from Unknown Sources’.
c) Download the desired app on mobile.
d) Transfer to FireTV using ES to ES LAN transfer and install.
Amazon FIRE TV stick VS FIRE TV 4K stick
4K version of Fire TV comes with some goodies like 4K content support, slightly better processor to support 4K content, HDR videos, Dolby Atmos, BT 5.0.
•Major hurdle here is 4K content availability. Our country is still catching up with Full HD content. 4K is far from reality for at least a few years. Rest features can be easily neglected.
•Then comes internet data. 1080p consumes approx. 2 GB per hour while 4K consumes approx. 7 GB per hour. Do you have that much data at your disposal?
• 4K version lacks screen mirroring. So if it’s a big deal for you, then it.
UPDATE: With the latest update version 126.96.36.199 Miracast is now supported.
You can always upgrade later on as these devices are not meant to last forever. Two or three years later, you will feel the need to upgrade. Getting a 4K stick then, will make a lot of sense.
Even having a 4K TV at present is not a good idea. It’s a gimmick for now which looks good on store display with optimized 4K content, but useless in real world.
Buy Now On Amazon>>>
• If you want to convert your old TV or even old smart TV (my case) with limited content to full-featured smart TV with lots of content from different providers, Alexa goodness & smart home control, you are good to go with this Fire TV stick.
• In fact it can even act as a replacement for DTH as all of the channels are life with premium/subscription packages for apps or you can watch your favorite shows a day later on respective apps.
Amazon fire TV stick 4K stick’s performance is 1.5 to 2 times as compared to 1080p stick. But an average user won’t notice the difference. Future proofing is another thing. As every electronic device tends to slow down after say a year or two.
Is there a monthly fee for fire stick?
No monthly cost.
What does Amazon Fire TV Stick do?
It’s a streaming devices which streams Netflix,Hulu,Youtube, , and other streaming services for which you have to take their subscription.
Can you watch normal TV on Amazon Fire Stick?
Yes,you can watch normal TV through an Amazon Fire Stick.
Do you need Internet for Firestick?
Yes,you need a internet connection which you can connect through wifi or your mobile hotspot..
Does FireStick use a lot of WiFi?
It consumes about 800-900MB of data/hour when the quality of the video is set to Good.
Should I unplug FireStick when not in use?
Depends on you. The fire tv stick it will automatically turn off if it has been idle for 20 minutes.
Buy Now On Amazon!!